Chủ Nhật, 16 tháng 10, 2016

A GREAT PAPA

A GREAT PAPA He will clean every tear from their eyes. There will disappear death or grieving or sobbing or pain, for the old order of things has actually passed away. Revelation 21v4 My papa passed away yesterday. And today I am sad. Not despairing, not grief-stricken, not upset that life isn't really what I want it was. Simply sad. And I feel a little spoiled in my sadness since I am totally aware that exactly what I lost is a lot more than the majority of you have actually ever had. And mind you, I have actually not lost my dad. Because in the early 70's at a church in California, my dad changed the course of our lives by ending up being a fan of Jesus. And now he's followed Him right up close into His presence, the place I'll go someday too. No, I haven't lost Papa, but I have actually lost his existence with me. He's not here this morning having coffee with cream and two scoops of sugar, discussing what I want to discuss: because that's what great dad's do. And I wish, oh how I want, that each of you had a daddy like mine. I grieve for you with the Daddy because He wishes that too. And if you'll indulge me just a bit, can I inform you about good daddies? Here's a list: 1. Excellent dads fix things. My dad fixed my broken hair dryer, my flat tire, my insufficient study routines, my teenage drama with my mama. He made life right for me when I could not turn myself best side up. And even though I informed him over and over, I do not believe he ever thought any of that was a big deal. Just daddy things. 2. Excellent dads get it. My father certainly did. He got that I was different, would constantly be various, which distinction was fine by him. A reflective feeler, ponderer, thinker, reader in a household of extremely competitive task oriented doers. He normalized me to my "lets-get-to-it!" mom and paved the way for us to become friends. Because of him we grieve together without stress. 3. Great papas are present.My father was a brainiac nuclear engineer. Yet he bought cowboy boots when he helped me achieve my imagine having a horse. He discovered the terminology: palominos, bits and tie downs, dressage and hoof rot. And I don't think he actually ever did like that entire equine world, but the reality is, wild horses could not have pulled him from being part of it with me. 4. Good daddies remain faithful. My dad did. In good times and bad, he decided to enjoy my mommy and to shun the "grass is greener" temptation to discover happiness somewhere else. As long as I can remember, Father did his best to like mommy well. Daddy would have been appalled at any suggestion otherwise. 5. Excellent dads take care of their own. When he married my mother he was a 19 years of age with one objective: to never ever be poor once again. With that in mind he put himself through college, put himself into his profession, lived underneath his income constantly so that he might offer us what we needed. At the same time, his aversion to the danger of credit and the flash of status costs kept everyone grounded in financial reality. He bought his denims at Walmart and his cars and trucks utilized even when he could have managed far more. He was adjusting his financial resources the day before he died, just to be sure mom would be well taken care of. 6. Excellent papas provide security. My sibling's words to me this morning: "We had a fantastic father. He made me feel safe ..." He did. And I'm not even sure how he did it, though I'm going to think long and difficult about that. However mainly I think he was simply good and a good man becomes a safe place for his household. There's more naturally, but this day needs my attention therefore I'll end here in the meantime. Somehow just writing these words assists me to comprehend why I'm sad today and why that's alright. I miss my father currently. I'll miss him for the rest of my life. And then ... my real Dad will clean away every tear and I'll join my papa in investing the rest of forever in awe of Him. Waiting with honest eagerness for that Day ... From my heart, Diane P.S. Thank you to the many of you who have actually currently emailed and texted your heart-felt condolences. I'm enjoying every word, drinking in your compassion.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét